Beware: You will have intense dessert cravings after reading this Meet Detroit interview with Street Sweets. But how could you not!? Andrew, owner of Street Sweets, definitely knows what he is doing! Read about the yummy treats that you will find at Street Sweets and how Andrew got his business started.
1. What tasty sweets do you offer at Street Sweets?
Coffee, Espresso, Donuts, Dessert Pizza, Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream, Baklava, Traditional Mediterranean Sweets, Cake Slices, whole cakes, custom cakes, macaroons, croissants & more!
2. Describe the overall mission for your gourmet pastry shop.
Provide a high quality pastry experience & relaxing café environments for people to enjoy our various options we provide.
3. How were you originally inspired to start your own shop?
I am a sweet lover and entrepreneur. The opportunity to purchase the business (Sugar Babies) was given to me and I couldn’t refuse the price so I took the “Risk” . Added sweets I love, updated the storefront quality, added staff and created Street Sweets!
4. So far, what has been your favorite part of owning your own business?
The customers. I love people so being able to interact with so many people I haven’t met and then provide them with something they want is great!
5. What are some of your favorite hot spots in Metro Detroit?
Street Sweets, downtown Royal Oak & Detroit are fun hangout spots!
6. If you could give some words of advice, specifically to aspiring entrepreneurs, what would you say?
If you have a dream and most importantly, a well thought out plan on how to achieve your dream profitably, put the risk away and just go for it! You really do miss 100% of the shots you never take.